Karen has given multi-media slide shows and lectures to groups ranging from local elementary school students to Smithsonian Institution members.
Upcoming events will be posted on this page.
* A celebration of hiking worldwide. Check out some of the world's most eye-popping scenery: France, England, Scotland, Nepal, Belgium, Holland, Switzerland, Luxembourg, Tanzania, Uganda, Kenya, and New Zealand.
* Hiking the Triple Crown. Hiking the Appalachian, Pacific Crest, and Continental Divide National Scenic Trails.
* Europe Afoot.
* Trekking New Zealand.
* Where the Waters Divide Hiking the Continental Divide from Mexico to Canada.
* The Arizona Trail.
* Getting High. What you need to Know to Go Above Treeline. (includes mountains like Rainier, Kilimanjaro, Whitney, and high passes in Nepal)
* Trekking in Nepal.
* Walking Across France.
* Climbing East Africa's Volcanoes.
* Long Distance Hiking Basics. How-to Information, Gear, Resupplying, and Planning a multi-month dream trip.
* Hiking the Appalachian Trail
* The PCT: Everest of Backpacking
* Gearing Up. How to Visit an Outdoor Store, Get What You Need, and Not Go Broke.
* Hiking the Appalachian Trail. Slides and Stories about America's most popular trail.
* Introduction to the Outdoors. Includes Hands-on Interactive Gear Demonstrations.
Presentations available in several formats
* One hour slide-show lecture (some with music).
* 20 minute quickies.
* Presentations can be adapted for teens.
* Gear demonstrations available.
* Question-and-answer time always included.
* Custom presentations available.
Karen is available for bookings at schools, outdoor clubs, environmental organizations, museums, outdoor conferences, civc groups, and libraries.
Schools: Karen has been an outdoor education instructor and a program director at sumemr camps. She offers instructional presentations on outdoor skills and minimum-impact hiking techniques for elementary, middle school, and high school students.
Karen has been a keynote speaker and major presenter at many meetings, speaking to audiences of up to 500 people. Whether it's a group of hikers staying at an above-treeline hut in the White Mountains, members of a local MENSA chapter, or policy-makers meeting to discuss the management of a national scenic trail, she has the right words, pictures, and music to inspire, inform, and delight lovers of the outdoors. References available.
Please send an e-mail if you'd like to have Karen come talk to your group. Because of travel expenses, rates are lowest for organizations based in the Northeast.